🔗 My Friendship with Martin Buber | Read More 🔗

• ISBN: 9780815610168 (0815610165)
    • Author: Maurice S. Friedman
    • Language: english
    • Publisher: Syracuse University Press
    • Release date: June 25, 2013
    • Format: hardcover, 189 pages

About The Book

Martin Buber’s philosophy of dialogue sought to express the human experience through the ways in which we encounter and interact with others. His “I — Thou” theory of dialogue and “I — It” theory of monologue expressed ways of understanding one’s place in the world in relation to others, objects, and especially God. Buber died in 1965, leaving behind a vast library of writings and ardent students and scholars eager to engage with his ideas. One of the most prominent scholars was Maurice Friedman. Friedman and Buber shared a professional as well as a personal relationship, based on translating, interpreting, and intellectual curiosity. Beginning in the summer of 1950 and ending with Buber’s death, this volume takes the reader through Buber’s three visits to America, his wife’s death, the author’s stay in Jerusalem, and the articulation of Buber’s culminating philosophy of the interhuman. In tracing this chronology, Friedman draws extensively on his personal collection of letters exchanged with Buber. Intimate and meditative, this book provides an exploration of a deeply intellectual friendship shared between two extraordinary thinkers.

MP3 ebook My Friendship with Martin Buber buy on Kindle. EPUB book My Friendship with Martin Buber by Maurice S. Friedman on Booktopia. Hardback My Friendship with Martin Buber Maurice S. Friedman read online.

Hardcover ebook My Friendship with Martin Buber download reader on Barnes & Noble. MOBI My Friendship with Martin Buber on Amazon. TXT book My Friendship with Martin Buber by Maurice S. Friedman buy cheap for iPhone.

Online My Friendship with Martin Buber Maurice S. Friedman read for Mac on Powells. Paperback ebook My Friendship with Martin Buber download. FictionBook book My Friendship with Martin Buber by Maurice S. Friedman download PC on Audible.

#13932 返信
    achanavi
    ゲスト

Francie on the Run by Hilda van Stockum · 9781883937133

2件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 2件目 (全2件中)
返信先: (FB2) My Friendship with Martin Buber
あなたの情報: